- Event Status
- Event Completed
- Event ID
- Event Name
- Youth Pheasant Program
- Youth Pheasant Program
- Date & Times:
- Sep 24, 2022 9:00AM - 11:00AM EDT
- Oct 08, 2022 9:00AM - 2:00PM EDT
About this Event:
The youth pheasant program is designed to provide young hunters with specialized pheasant hunting training and instruction, as well as reinforce what they learned in Basic Hunter Education. Young hunters will have the opportunity to practice firearms safety, develop shooting skills, and participate in a special pheasant hunt under the guidance of a safe, experienced adult hunter. This program, held by Lee Sportsmen's Association, is more than just a day in the field pheasant hunting and is divided into multiple parts including hands-on instruction in shotgun shooting fundamentals, a pheasant seminar, and a mentored pheasant hunt. The seminar is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, September 24th from 9am-11am (based on participant availability) and the hunt will be Saturday, October 8th from 9am-2pm. In addition to the seminar and hunt, participants are required to attend mandatory range days. The date and time of these range days will be based on participant's availability.
If you are no longer planning on attending this class, please cancel your registration so that those on the waiting list will have a chance to attend.
If you have a disability or medical condition and would like to request special accommodation or will require translation services, please contact Susan Sacco via email at your earliest convenience: [email protected]
Minimum Age Policies:
The minimum hunting age in Massachusetts is 12. All participants must be between the ages of 12-17 on the day of the youth hunt.
Maximum Age Policies:
All participants must be between the ages of 12-17 on the day of the youth hunt
About the Program
· Be between the ages of 12 to 17.
· Have graduated from a Basic Hunter Education course (in any state) before the day of the hunt.
· Participants 15 to 17 years of age must have a hunting license, pheasant/quail permit, and a Firearms Identification Card (FID) (an FID is only required if using a shotgun).
Steps to Participate:
· Make sure you meet all the requirements above.
· Register for a Pheasant Seminar.
· Complete the Pheasant Seminar you registered for.
· Have a great day hunting pheasants! Please note, all other regular pheasant hunting regulations apply including bag limits, hunting implements, hunter orange requirements, etc. Please review pheasant hunting regulations.